We have been doing a lot of experimenting with bubbles lately looking for that “oh so right” bubble solution. Well, folks…tried and tested by yours truly, CJ, and CG…here are our top winners for the best bubble solutions.
#1: 5 cups water, 1/2 cup original Joy dish detergent, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 teaspoon of glycerine, and 1/2 cup corn starch. Mix the cornstarch in the water and then gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Allow solution to sit for an hour, stirring occasionally.
#2: 6 cups water, 2 cups Joy dish detergent, 1 cup light corn syrup. Stir water and corn syrup until thoroughly mixed. Then add dish detergent and stir until well mixed.
#4: 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon of corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of Joy dish detergent. Stir water and corn syrup until thoroughly mixed. Then add dish detergent and stir until well mixed.
Tips we learned:
- distilled water worked better than tap water (due to minerals in tap water)
- allow the bubble solution to sit for several hours to a day before use, as it can improve the bubbles it makes
- alcohol-free detergents provided the best results
- original Joy and Dawn provided the best results for us
- mix gently and thoroughly, trying not to allow the solution to froth
- be patient and do some recipe experimenting of your own…if it doesn’t work, change it up to find a solution that works best for you and your kiddos.
Need some children’s books about bubbles to read? Check these out:
This post contains affiliate links. Letters In The Sand will receive a small commission from any purchases you make from these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.