This rainbow craft is simple, yet combines rainbows, colors, handwriting skills, fine-motor practice, creative thinking and writing.
You will need: construction paper (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, white), glue, scissors, pencil, and black marker.
1. Trace or draw a shape of a cloud on the white construction paper. Using scissors, cut it out.
2. On the white cloud write: If I found a pot of gold, I would make a rainbow of wishes (or any related saying you or your little one come up with).
3. Cut strips of each colored paper.
4. Write (or have your little one write) on the colored strips of paper various things, people, etc. they would wish for.
5. Glue the strips of paper in order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) to the rainbow.
6. Discuss the various wishes.
7. Review the order of the colors in a rainbow.
8. Go play “I Spy” with the different colors in a rainbow (I spy something red…I spy something orange…).