Snowflake crafts are the closest we get to seeing the real thing where we live. This craft lends itself to sensory and fine-motor practice.
You will need: construction paper (preferably blue or white), scissors, glue, glitter, markers, yarn, and Q-tips.
1. Cut a sheet of construction paper into the shape of a snowflake. Depending on your child’s age, they may be able to do this.
2. Using glue, have your little one(s) make lines of glue (where the Q-tips will be placed).
3. Have them place the Q-tips on the lines of glue however they wish.
4. Using glue (or glitter glue), have them decorate the snowflake with swirls and then add glitter.
5. Allow to dry. Once dry, tape or glue yarn to the back of the snowflake to hang.
6. Enjoy your sparkly, sensory snowflake.