My kiddos LOVED this activity!! My son wanted to make “a million more shark teeth and dinosaur bones” and my daughter was begging to make guinea pigs, bunnies, puppies, kitties, well… if it breathes and is an animal…she wanted to make it!!
We started with a simple salt dough recipe, baked the pieces, let them cool, and then painted them. It was an AWESOME activity that can be used for children (and adults!) of multiple ages and abilities!!
You will need: flour, salt, water, cookie sheet, paint, paintbrush, and an oven.
1. Mix 2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, and 1 cup water.
2. Stir ingredients until almost fully mixed then knead until smooth.
3. Using creativity, make shark teeth, dinosaur bones, and anything else your kiddos want to create. Encourage them to get messy and have fun! Place pieces on a large cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degress F for 2.5-3 hours.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Once cool, paint as desired.
7. Once the pieces are dried, you can use them for a scavenger hunt!! We are talking serious fun folks!!