Shapes are an important basic concept for children to learn. Shapes Around Me Triangles (Anita Loughrey) is a great book to help your youngster(s) recognize triangles and distinguish them from other shapes.
1. Read the book aloud (or have your youngster read it aloud).
2. Discuss each question and activity.
3. Provide adequate time for them to think about each activity.
4. Encourage them to discuss what they see and to ask questions.
5. After reading the book, some follow-up activities for your youngster(s) may include: practice drawing triangles; cut out pictures of triangles from magazines and newspapers; play “I Spy” in search of triangles; form triangles out of Playdough or clay; and make a collage out of triangles.