This is a fun and easy way for your child(ren) to practice spelling their name.
You will need: index cards, scissors, and markers.
1. Cut index cards in half so that you have enough cards for each letter of your child(ren)’s name.
2. Using markers, write your child(ren)’s name on the index cards (one letter per card).
3. Hide each card within close proximity.
4. Have your child(ren) find each letter of their name. Whenever they find a letter, have them say the letter aloud and its corresponding sound(s).
5. Once they have found all the letters, have them place the letters correctly to spell their name properly.
6. Reinforce each letter and its corresponding sound(s), as well as how to spell their name correctly.