There are so many crafts you can make that have to do with rainbows. This one is simple and can be geared toward different ages and abilities.
You will need: colored loop cereal (Fruit Loops), yarn, tape, glue, construction paper, pencil, cotton balls.
1. Read a book about rainbows. Teach your little one(s) the acronym ROY.G.BIV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) to help them remember the correct order of the colors in a rainbow.
2. Have them separate the cereal into piles by color. Then have them glue the cereal onto the construction paper in a shape of a rainbow. Depending on your child’s age, you can draw the arches in pencil that he or she can use as a guide to glue the cereal onto.
3. Glue a few cotton balls on each side of the rainbow for the clouds. Allow to dry.
4. Tape or glue yarn to the back of the paper so that your little one(s) can hang their rainbow.
5. Go find the perfect place to display your colorful rainbow (away from hungry pets or siblings who may try to eat it!).
This post contains affiliate links. Letters In The Sand will receive a small commission from any purchases you make from these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.