My kids and I love being outdoors, especially when it involves outdoor learning and activities. Parks, beaches, nature trails, playgrounds…anywhere…as long as we are together!
Spray chalk is an awesome outdoor (summer!) activity. There are many recipes for spray chalk. This is a generic recipe, so play around with the measurements until you find a consistency that works best for you and your kids. Above all, have fun while learning and creating!!
1. Fill spray bottles about one-third full with equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly by shaking.
2. Using a dropper, add a few drops of the liquid watercolors.
3. Fill the remainder of the bottle with warm water and shake to mix.
4. Start spraying and create a chalk masterpiece!
5. Use spray bottles filled with plain vinegar to spray on completed chalk work. This is a fun way to watch the chalk erupt and listen to it sizzle. (*Teachable moment to discuss senses…what do you hear…what colors do you see…how does the texture feel…).
This post contains affiliate links. Letters In The Sand will receive a small commission from any purchases you make from these links. Thank you for your support.