This simple craft allows for fine-motor practice along with sensory play while using just a few basic supplies.
Here are 5 reasons why sensory play is beneficial:
- Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks.
- Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction.
- This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory
- Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child
- This helps children learn sensory attributes (hot, cold, sticky, dry) (Momstown.ca)
You will need: various types of pasta and dried beans; construction paper; and glue.
1. Using glue, have your child spell their name on the construction paper.
2. Arrange the pasta over the glue.
3. Allow to dry.